Position: Prevention Coordinator
Position Details: The Prevention Coordinator will be responsible for providing leadership and support to Project Lazarus of Wilkes and Watauga Counties through the implementation and execution of evidence-based prevention strategies to combat the misuse of prescription medication by youth age 12-25. The Prevention Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Prevention Services and work closely with other prevention staff as well as community stakeholders.
This position is full-time with benefits package and travel reimbursements.
Responsibilities: Support planning, implementation, and evaluation of Project Lazarus goals and objectives through the use of evidence-based prevention strategies and Strategic Prevention Framework (SPF) in Wilkes and Watauga counties.
- Participate in data collection and management, including community needs assessments and Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS).
- Represent Project Lazarus at health fairs, participate in media advocacy and outreach, and coordination of youth leadership activities.
- Facilitate consistent communication between community partners.
- Plan and facilitate coalition meetings including agenda, minutes, and reporting impact of community-based initiative
Engage in current community initiatives that support goals and objectives related to prescription medication misuse and abuse.
- Attend/Facilitate Project Lazarus meetings in Wilkes and Watauga counties.
- Provide and track dissemination of community lock boxes for disposal of unused medications.
- Disseminate information regarding permanent medication drop off locations.
- Develop and implement policy for those using Controlled Substance Reporting System (CSRS)
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 2 years experience in public health, health promotion, human services or related field. Familiarity with evidence-based prevention strategies preferred. Weekly travel to Wilkes County is required.
How to Apply: By June 30, 2015, send cover letter, resume and 3 professional references to:
Western Youth Network
155 WYN Way
Boone, NC 28607
Attn: Hollie Storie Wilcox
Application materials may also be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org