Director of Development Position
Western Youth Network in Boone, NC is seeking a Director of Development to lead fund development initiatives for the agency.
Overview: Western Youth Network’s mission is to build youth of character & confidence so that every young person in the High Country reaches their full potential.
WYN works tirelessly to give young people the following:
- The SAFETY of a caring environment
- The SUPPORT of positive role models
- The SKILLS needed to learn & grow
Position Details: WYN is seeking a Director of Development who will spearhead fund development efforts. This position will work closely with the WYN Staff and Board of Directors to build upon the existing fundraising infrastructure, meet development goals, and execute WYN’s mission and strategic vision.
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits. WYN will provide professional development opportunities, travel reimbursement, and a modest fundraising budget.
Responsibilities: The Director of Development will report directly to the Executive Director and will have significant responsibility for the creation and execution of the fund development plan to enable WYN to execute its initiatives. The Director of Development will be responsible for individual donor cultivation and relationship building, foundation and corporate giving, increasing WYN’s endowment fund, executing major fund development events, utilizing marketing and social media strategies, and integrating other aspects of a successful fund development plan.
Additional responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Overseeing donor database
- Foundation and corporate grant writing and reporting
- Maintaining a presence at local professional networking events, civic clubs, etc.
- Coordinating all aspects of WYN’s annual fund development plan including: appeal letters, major fund development events, one-time gifts, major gifts, monthly gifts, bequests, legacy gifts, online giving campaigns, etc.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of significant trends in the field of philanthropy
- Engaging Board members, staff members, and other volunteers in fund development
- Attending WYN Board and staff meetings and providing related administrative support as needed
- Leading trainings for Board and Staff members on fund development when needed
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and previous experience with fundraising for non-profits is strongly desired, as is substantial personal interest in WYN’s mission. The successful candidate will additionally possess proven success and experience in event planning, marketing, public speaking, and donor relationship building and cultivation. Candidate must be highly motivated and organized, and display a mature and personable manner of interacting with others. Further, the successful candidate must exhibit exceptional oral and written communication skills and demonstrate an ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
How to Apply: By May 15, 2015, send cover letter, resume and 3 professional references to:
Western Youth Network
155 WYN Way
Boone, NC 28607
Attn: Jennifer Warren
Application materials may also be emailed to: email@example.com